App Store Optimization is the process of improving an app or game’s visibility and brand value in an app store to increase organic app downloads. Apps are more visible when they rank highly on a wide variety of search terms (a.k.a. keyword optimization), maintain a high position in the top charts, or get featured on the app stores.
At VLMedia, the ASO team carries out several operations such as:
- Conducting keyword research to optimize metadata (title, subtitle, description, etc.) based on the most searched keywords.
- Optimizing creative assets (icons, screenshots, and videos) with the design team to get more users to download the apps.
- Analyzing the market and always A/B testing.
- Working closely with the paid UA and product teams to increase the app's visibility.
- Monitoring app store changes and competitor updates.
- Reviewing issues impacting the market algorithm, ANR (App Not Responding), ranking and rate issues, policy changes, and implementing these policy changes.
- Keeping in touch with our market partners to better our apps and get more exposure.
Without ASO, companies cannot grow organically and rely only on generating income from users downloading the apps through advertisements. If and when that’s the case, the application is more expensive and does not offer long-term permanence.
The ASO team ensures that all apps can compete with rivals in keyword ranking and conversion rate (i.e., the number of organic downloads and app exposure).
Thanks to the ASO team, VLMedia apps are available in Google Play Store, Apple App Store, and Huawei App Gallery in 30 languages in 180 countries.